The Outstanding Technical Support Award recognizes and honors a technician or technical support team demonstrating outstanding achievement and leadership in supporting technology to improve education. KySTE only accepts nominations from active members for this award annually. Each active member may only nominate one person for this award. The nomination process opens October 22, 2018 and closes January 25, 2019. Each nomination will be evaluated using the selection criteria below by a review committee selected from within the KySTE membership. Winners will be announced in February and acknowledged at a special event during the KySTE Spring Conference in Louisville.
1. Required nomination materials are complete and submitted by deadline.
2. The nominee is a technology support staff member or team and would not qualify for the teacher award or leader award.
3. The nominee’s work has had a significant positive impact on technology use in education locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, or worldwide.
4. The nominee’s work can be used as a model.
5. The nominee works tirelessly to genuinely improve the quality of education.
6. The nominee has demonstrated his/her ability to both deliberately plan for and incorporate in the use of technology for the purpose of improving the educational setting.
7. The quality of technology use and availability has been materially improved in the nominee's workplace.
8. The nominee is an active member of professional organizations.
9. The nominee has contributed to the profession by presenting at professional conferences, seminars and/or workshops or publishing articles in print or through electronic media.
* Definition of support staff member:
It is the intent of the ISTE Outstanding Technology Support Staff Award to recognize those persons currently responsible for the day-to-day support of technology at the school and/or district level. Examples might include computer technician, systems/network administrator, etc. This award is also available to instructional technology specialists/technology resource teachers who do not qualify for nomination for the Outstanding Technology Teacher awards because their responsibilities do not include at least 75% direct instruction to students, and whose position would not make an Outstanding Technology Leader nomination appropriate.
To nominate a technical support staff individual or team, please complete the Outstanding Technical Support Nomination Form.
If you have any questions, please email Mary Ann Rankin.