October 26, 2016
Crown Plaza Louisville Airport, Louisville, KY
KySTE is excited to announce our annual Fall Event coming soon. This year's Fall Event will be held on Wednesday, October 26th. The event will be held from 9:00 - 4:00 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel near the Airport in Louisville. Save this date on your calendar and registration information will follow soon. This year's topic will focus on CIO Training / Updates. The Event will be open to all KySTE Members but focused on CIO Topics. The day will consist of various presentations on topics of interests to Kentucky CIO's. Time will be provided for sharing, discussing, and mentoring of new CIO's, etc.
Who should attend:
(EILA Credit will be offered to anyone who needs it)
- School Administrators
- District/School Technical Support Personnel
- Instructional Technologist Teachers
- Board Attorneys and other District Leadership
Goals for the Day:
- Attendees will gather information on resources available to them.
- Attendees will learn things to think about when planning to deal with legal issues.
- Attendees will discover ways they can protect themselves from legal chaos.
- Attendees will help KySTE determine what topics need to be covered in more detail at the KySTE 2016 Spring Event March 9-11, 2016.
Attendees Please Have:
- Digital Devices so that you can participate as needed.
- Access to a copy of your district’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Vendor Tables for the 2016 Fall Event may be reserved by completing our Sponsorship Application Form,
under the “Spring Conference Individual Sponsorships” heading. Tables are $500 each, include electric and wi-fi, and location is first-come, first-served when you arrive. Tables are limited to approximately 12 vendors.
Vendors may select tables and set-up the morning of October 26th, before the Event starts.
A special thanks to KySTE Platinum Vendor Partners: Extreme Networks and Pomeroy and Silver Partners: ByteSpeed and Creative Image Technologies for supporting the KySTE Outreach Grant Offering for 2017.
Other participating vendors in the Fall Event: Academic Edge, Inc., AdTec, CDW-G, Proven Learning, RooClick, STEP CG
[Would you like your business/company/organization to be a KySTE Vendor Partner? Contact KySTE Executive Director Gary Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.]
|8:00 - 9:00
||Registration / Vendor Hall
||Welcome from KySTE President and Board
|9:05 - 9:45
||"History of KETS" - Bruce Lindsey
|10:00 - 10:45
||"District EdTech Timelines " - Charlotte Chowning
|10:45 - 11:30
||"Don't Get Fired" - Jody Rose
|11:30 - 12:15
||Lunch (provided on site)
|12:15 - 1:00
||Vendor Hall and Collaboration with Colleagues
|1:00 - 1:30
||"Digital Security Scenarios" - Bob Hackworth
|1:30 - 2:00
||"New Digital Course Opportunities for Students: Online & Virtual Programs and Academies" - Heather Warrell
|2:00 - 2:45
||"Student Tech Skills with Imagine Academy" - Laura Raganas
|3:00 - 3:30
||"Level Up with STLP!" - Jeff Sebulsky
||Closing /Door prize