KySTE Outreach's 2014-15 offering
- Amount of this offering: $100,000. You may apply for any or all of this amount.
|KySTE 2015 Outreach Winning Schools - A special thanks to KySTE Platinum Vendor Partners: Avaya, Creative Image Technologies, Doe Anderson, Integration Partners, Matrix Integration, Microsoft, and Pomeroy for supporting the KySTE Outreach Grant Offering of $100,000 for 2015.
|Jefferson County Public Schools
||Computer Education Center
|Barren County School
||Barren Academy of Virtual & Expanded Learning (BAVEL)
|Eminence Independent Schools
||Eminence Independent High School
|Pendleton County Schools
||Northern Elementary School
|Henry County Schools
||Henry County High
|Bullitt County Public Schools
- Application Window:
- Open: September. 15, 2014
- Second-Chance Deadline: December 1, 2014. If you meet this deadline, your application will be previewed for technical issues such as missing signatures or word count overages. Applicants meeting this deadline will be notifed between December 3-5, and given the opportunity to fix issues before the final deadline.
- Final Deadline for Application: Midnight, December 15, 2014. No exceptions!
- Submission process: Email - send completed application forms to .
- Application (Word DOCX)
- Rubric (Excel)
YOU MUST BE A KySTE MEMBER TO APPLY! The application blank will ask for your membership #.
KySTE Outreach Grants for Education FAQ's:
- Q: Am I eligible to apply for a KySTE Outreach Grant?
A: You must meet certain edibility requirements.
- You MUST meet the requirements of ARTICLE VIII, 8.1 (see KySTE By-Laws)
- KySTE Outreach Grants are awarded to KySTE members who apply on behalf of a K-12 classroom in a recognized K-12 school in the State of Kentucky. Or, a KySTE member who applies on behalf of an entire K-12 school recognized as such in the State of Kentucky. Or, a KySTE member who applies on behalf of an entire district, region or state that serves recognized K-12 schools in the State of Kentucky. Pre-schools are not eligible.
- Q: What is the definition of a K-12 school?
A: For purposes of KySTE, Schools/Districts must meet the following definition of elementary and secondary schools: the school must be recognized by the Kentucky Department of Education as a non-profit instructional day school, either public or private, that serves students in the range from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Pre-schools and postsecondary schools are not eligible.
- Q: How do I submit an application for my school?
A: Applications are submitted online via email. The applicant – the name appearing as the applicant on the application form – must be registered in our database of members in good standing, and have a membership number (it’s required on the form). You should confirm this beforehand by contacting KySTE. If you are not currently a member, you can be added, but it can take several days to process. You should become a member even if you are not ready to submit your application. If you wait until the deadline date to submit your application, and you are not a member, your application will not be considered.
- Q: Can I view an example of a completed, successful grant application?
A: No. All grant submissions are the sole property of KySTE and will not be made public.
- Q: How do I find if I, my school or my District is currently a member?
A: There are no district or school memberships, only individual memberships. Contact Gary Grant at KySTE (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm membership and obtain your membership number (required on the application).
- Q: What kind of projects will qualify for the KySTE Outreach Grant for Education program?
A: Any project that meets KySTE’s mission as defined.
- Q: How much money is available for our school with the KySTE Outreach Grant for Education?
A: Total of grant funding will be published with the opening of the application window. Monies will be disbursed based on weighted rubric scores from the top scoring submission down until funds can no longer provide for the next highest scoring submission.
- Q: Is there a minimum or maximum amount I can apply for?
A: There is no minimum and the maximum will be the total amount of grant funding money as stated in question 7.
- Q: Is there a timeframe by which we will need to complete our project, in order to qualify for the grant?
A: Yes. KySTE will only consider grants for projects that will be completed within one year of when the grant is received. A KySTE Outreach Grant can be used as part of a larger-scale project, like a computer lab, so long as the grant will be used to complete a phase of the project that can be completed within a year of the award.
- Q: What is an EIN#?
A: An EIN # is your school Employer Identification Number (EIN). It is also known as a Tax Identification Number (TIN) or a Federal Tax Identification number (FIN). It is a unique number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification. The number should be 9 digits in length. Applicants can get this info from their District Office.
- Q: When will we be notified if we have won?
A: All applicants will be notified of their status via email within the timelines set forth in the “Timelines” document on the KySTE website. When submitting an application, the contact email address included should be for a contact that will be available throughout the grant process.
- Q: What are the application deadlines?
A: Application window(s) will be announced. Please check the KySTE website for application deadlines.
- Q: May more than one application be considered from any one school during the same grant cycle?
A: Yes, multiple applications per schools, per grant cycle, are acceptable only if the KySTE Member is different on each application..
- Q: If a teacher/school/district applies and is not successful in obtaining a grant, may they apply again during the next grant cycle? And if so, could they apply for the same project (with or without modifications to the proposal)?
A: Yes, if unsuccessful in obtaining a grant during one grant cycle, the teacher/school/district may re-apply during the following application period.
- Q: If a school/parent group applies during one grant cycle and is awarded a grant, are they eligible to apply again the next school year?
A: No, the KySTE Outreach committee will only consider a previously funded group's grant application after twelve months have passed since the original award.
- Q: Will you send me a confirmation email?
A: Once your application is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Q: What are the reporting requirements?
A: The reporting requirements are quite simple. Approximately 3-6 months after you receive your award, you will receive a survey via email which will ask how your project is going, is it complete, has it been started, etc. We ask that you complete this online survey. We also ask that you send us any news clips or promotional materials related to your project, along with any digital pictures you would like to share. In terms of the report at the completion of the project, please just summarize how it has gone, would you do anything differently, why it went so well, any impact it has on the school/students/district/community, etc. Just a basic evaluation of how you felt your project went and its success within the school and the community. You can send this report to your KySTE contact as noted on your successful grant contract. Failure to complete the reporting portion of the contract may result in KySTE seeking return of partial or full funding amount. There may also be additional reporting requirements as noted on the application.
Q: What are the presenting requirements?
A: Spring Conference the following year. Each project will receive one complimentary presenter registration for the conference. Any co-presenters will need to pay their own registration.